Saturday, June 03, 2006

Funny, or Not, Here I Am

The strangest thing that has happened to me since we moved to Argentina is the reaction some people are having to this blog. While we were in Virginia a couple of weeks ago several people mentioned that they read the blog (that is surprising in and of itself). Almost every person also said "I had no idea you were funny". Me either (or me too -- I just can't decide which).

The reason it seems so strange to me is because I feel like I have a really hard time being serious. So, I decided to ask a couple of people I have worked with whether or not I am funny -- here is what they said:

"Your humor is dry -- like sand....in the desert"

"Someone takes you seriously? Who?"

"Its not that you are funny, its that you say whatever you are thinking. That surprises people."

So, there you have it. A post that has absolutely no purpose other than the fact that I just happened to be thinking about it, so I said it. Janalee is sitting next to me wondering why I am not writing about the wonderful day we had at a vineyard today. No reason really, just wasn't at the top of my mind.

I will be here all week, don't forget to tip the waitress.

2 Comments:

At 1:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WE ALWAYS THOUGHT YOU WERE FUNNY>

 
At 1:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I've been lurking on your blog, checking in on your adventures every few weeks. And I have to say that your voice on the blog sounds exactly like my recollection of your voice in real life -- which is to say, funny.

Glad to see all is well with you and the family. I'm enjoying your blog, and am living vicariously through you, as I am 2/3 of the way through maternity leave (baby boy, Alex, born April 9) and have no such adventures in my life right now, unless you count sleep deprivation as an adventure.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home