Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Dad - Where is Mom?

Mia and I have this conversation twice a day everyday – so I thought I would share it:

“Dad, where is mom?”

“At Work”

“Where”

“Downtown”

“Why”

“That is where the office is”

“Why does she work”

“Guilt” (Actually I say because she enjoys making a contribution to society – really, I do)

“Why”

Ok, so you get a sense of how this goes. The story behind all of this is that Janalee has been working quite a bit at Vines of Mendoza, our friend Michael’s blossoming business. With the first major element of the business (a downtown tasting room) opening this Friday, Janalee and her team of Hormigas have been working night and day to ensure that the staff is ready to pour wine.

And, it has been quite a month of work. After renting a home three weeks ago the place has been transformed into a full-fledged wine tasting room that will be ready to open. Quite a transformation – congrats to everyone on the Vines team. You can see photos of the entire thing here.

Now, I just need to find a way for Jan to work all of these hours and do the laundry and cook – I have more work to do on that front. Stay tuned……

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home