Friday, January 06, 2006

A New Year A New Country

While I would love to say we are actually in Argentina – but not quite. We are out of our house. I guess that is similar except that being OUT of a place doesn't mean you are IN a new place. Thank god our friend Zoe is letting us use her house. The photo at the top is a picture of Zoe’s place. She calls it the Castle – you can see why.

Actually that is not a picture of Zoe’s house – though Zoe’s place is plenty nice and it is a castle to us. That is a photo of The Castle at Frost Valley YMCA in Claryville, NY. We spent New Year’s Eve there with seven other families (including 9 kids under the age of 10). We had a great time. As the clock struck midnight we were drinking fine wine from Italy, dancing to fine tunes from the 70’s and generally having a fun time. You can see the photos here. We even had snow – 4 inches! I think Janalee and I enjoyed the snow more than the rest of the folks at the Castle. After all, it is 88 in Mendoza today and we are just 4 days from now we will be basking in the sun. So, what is a little snow when you are looking at days and days of sun? Does that sound like gloating? I don't mean to gloat -- just to mention that it is summer in South America.

I think that is it for today. I am writing from a coffee shop while working out the final elements of our homeowner’s insurance – I am sure that sounds like more fun that it actually is.

Next post will be from Argentina – at least in theory it will be. I guess I will believe it when we land -- until then it is just a really busy dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home