Wednesday, December 07, 2005

We Found a House! (and need to find someone to rent the other)


Thanks to our friends Michael, David and a bunch of others we haven't met yet, we may have a house in Mendoza. We have pictures and it looks great. I think it has four bedrooms - leaving plenty of space for everyone who has said they are going to visit - and was recently renovated. Looks like a great place. Strangely I don't know the address of the place or really anything about the location (close to a park, near Mike's house). Not that an address would make much of a difference really at this point - since I don't know anything about Mendoza. I think it is the first time I have ever rented a place without really knowing much about it - good thing I have a high tolerance for the unkown. You can see pictures of the place in our photo albums -- the link should be in the right hand column.

Several people have asked me how I like Mendoza -- to which I say “they have a great website”. I haven't ever been there. I guess I should have visited before moving there. But, since Janalee has visited and says there is a great coffee shop in Mendoza it must be great. One small problem, I don't drink coffee. Janalee, on the other hand, thinks that any place that has a great coffee shop will be a great place to live. For me, great places really need to have a football team – I guess that means that I will have to become a Boca Junior fan.

Just two big hurdles left in our quest to move. We still need to rent our house (feel free to tell everyone you know that we are looking for renters) and we need to sell the Saab. I am emotionally attached the Saab, so that one is going to be challenge for me. Janalee is emotionally attached to the house, so that one is going to be easy for me. Once we get those little things out of the way we can focus on the easy stuff like packing everything we own, putting most of it in storage and picking five suitcases worth of stuff that we are going to take with us to Argentina. After Janalee gets her two suitcases of shoes packed (or did she mean we are going to bring two suitcases full of shoes home?) the rest will be easy.

Enough for tonight – I still have a ton of work left to do before I leave Earth Force and Amelia needs to blow her nose (the same cold for 3 months). Good night to all – said Charlie Brown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home