Sunday, December 18, 2005

We found a Renter


We found someone to rent our house in Arlington! A big deal for us – but probably not that exciting if you are visiting this blog for the first time. I promise this space is going to be the home of much more exciting news in the coming months. The truth is right now we are wholly focused on the mundane activity of moving (and, of course, Christmas).

So perhaps our renting out our house is not earth shattering news. Other than renting the house the most exciting thing that happened this week was the Christmas tree fell. Dropped like a rock. Flat as a pancake. Looked like George Washington had come to town and gone after that thing with an axe. Luckily no one was injured in the process (other than my pride). We are still picking up the million or so pieces of red glass that were spewed around the house.

But, what do we care – we are renting the place out to someone else and they can clean it up for the next year! By the time we get back from Argentina they should have every piece of glass picked up. What a deal!

After reading this post Janalee became incredibly worried. What would happen to us if VA Child Protection Services logged on to this incredibly well publicized blog that must have dozens of visitors a month. Between the glass on the floor and the bump on the head (you can read about the bump a little lower on the page) I must be seriously challenged when it comes to child care! So, we need a disclaimer -- our child is well cared for, we promise (honest, no kidding, we wouldn't lie about this). You can see photos of her here (MIA). None of the photos have been retouched - I swear.

2 Comments:

At 10:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays and have a great trip! Thanks for sharing the blog site info. I can't wait to read about the adventures in Argentina. I'll make it my a.m. ritual while the caffeine begins to take effect....BTW, I am with Janalee on the coffee shop score...football shmootball (just don't let my husband hear me say that :)

 
At 2:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buenos Ano Nuevo!!
(I just learned that last night)

Well...I am hooked...I am sitting here drinking my coffee and giggling imagining the craziness of your every waking moment there in Arlington as you three get ready for the move. I love this blog! and no Janalee....I don't worry at all about Amelia(q)'s safety - she has wonderful parents!

Congrats on the rental - have you found a house yet? Wish you three the best in coming days.....julie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home