Friday, December 16, 2005

We had it and then we didn't

My last post described how excited we were about the house we were renting. That house is a thing of the past. In the end it was a good lesson in the difficulties of working across continents. Unfortunately, the landlord wanted to change the terms of our contract (about 10 times over the last week). Every time we would agree to something, he would add a new element. While we thought we had an agreement he was just getting ready to renegotiate the terms. Perhaps if he had only met me in person we could have worked it out. Not likely -- perhaps if he had met Amelia we could have worked it out. Anyway, the whole thing was too much drama for us and we are back on the market for a house. Anyone have an empty house in Mendoza you are hoping to rent to a friendly couple with a cute kid?

Meanwhile back here in the U.S. I have finished my tenure as the President of Earth Force. You can read about them by following the link in the right hand column. The new president – a great guy named Chuck – started this week and it is off to a great start. Chuck also became a grandfather this week – talk about having a lot going on in one week. Good Luck Chuck! (I really couldn’t help myself).

And, with that update we are off to the races. Over the next 14 days we are going to move out of our house and celebrate Christmas. Good thing Jan’s parents are coming to visit. That reminds me, where are my bothers – get out here and help me move! Pretty persuasive approach - don't you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home